Monday, October 1, 2012

The Grand Canyon


Well, not very often do you get to complete two things you've always wanted to do in three days. Today I visited The Grand Canyon and it is that for sure. I left early, it's an hour drive from Williams where I'm staying, I got to the Canyon at 8:00 AM. I spent the next four hours traveling the South Rim. I took the blue line shuttle to the red line at the recommendation of the Ranger at the Visitor Center. She was right, the vistas are spectacular.






Not many people when I got there but by the time I got back to Rosie in the parking lot it was packed. If anything I can say in the difference between Joshua Tree and The Grand Canyon is that there were fewer people at Joshua Tree and it's VERY much less commercial. No hotels or lodges or banks or restaurants, just the environment. Not to take away from the grandeur of the Canyon, just an observation, and honestly they're bot spectacular in their own right. Do not miss either if you get the chance and are a nature person.



Made the drive back to Williams and decided to grab lunch/early dinner, it was about 2 ish my time so I decided to take a tour of downtown. Made the turn onto Main St. and it was like Rosie said "stop here they have food for both of us!" An old gas station converted into an Italian Bistro with wood fired pizza and more.
Alas, Rosie waited patiently outside longing that the pumps were still operable. (Me too, at 13.8 per gallon!)


Had a great lunch of a meatball, (yes, "A" meatball, the size of a baseball), Mama's Spicy with Homemade Marinara, and a ceasar side salad with Flat Tire Amber Ale from New Belgium Brewing Co.


Tomorrow I head east on Route 40, starting early, gonna see where the day takes me, I have no other "must" stops on my way home.

No comments:

Business Photos

Promote your business with a professional photo shoot. I do that!