Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Here's the Story

So, here's the line on what I'm doing in California.

Marcea's aunt Julie lived in Los Angeles for the past 50 years, having come out here to be a teacher. She recently decided to move to the east coast to be closer to family.

Several years ago she decided it was time to get a new car, she wanted to get a Mini Cooper and wanted to see one in person.While she was visiting family in Geneseo she mentioned that and I said lets go look at one, so we drove to the dealer in Buffalo and took a look at one, drove it for a test and she decided when she got back to L.A. she was going to get one, which she did.

During the discussions about moving the car came up, ship it east, sell it in California, and I said I'd go out and get it and drive it back. ( I did mention it's a Mini Cooper right, a sweet, fun car to drive...) Anyway, I figured since I was going all the way out there and driving back why not stop on the way and see and photograph some of the things I've never seen like Joshua Tree National Park and the Grand Canyon and some of the other great sites along the way.

So, that's what I'm doing. I flew out here yesterday. My buddy Cliff Yates Jr. (we worked together at the Livingston County Sheriff's Office) moved out here 30 years ago to work at the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Office.  He picked me up at the Burbank airport yesterday afternoon. This is the first time I've ever visited him out here, in fact the last time I was in California I was only ten years old. I'm spending a couple of days with him and his wife Alba. Going to do a ride along with Cliff on his midnight shift, catch one of his stand-up comedy acts, (his passion, like mine is my photography, Comedy Cop, Cliff Yates, http://www.cliffyates.com/ ) then I'm headed back east.

Here's a shot from the patio this morning, looks like it gonna be a nice day!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an amazing trip, you are so fortunate. We look forward to reading your blog and seeing your photos!!
The Littles

Marcea said...

You're killin me....

Unknown said...

How Cool is that!!! I want to see pictures of YOU getting in and out of a MINI Cooper! Have you hit your head yet??? Have an amazing and safe trip!!!

WendyLou said...

Well....I must believe you are being lead to the great West to take some awesome pics!! We cannot wait!! Enjoy Larry....click away :) Best wishes! Wendy Lou & Randy Too!

Business Photos

Promote your business with a professional photo shoot. I do that!