Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Here I Go


Well here I go.  Made it through TSA fine, nice and early.  Funny that as I walked out of the security area I was greeted by a blast from the past.  The Clocks of the World that used to be in Midtown Plaza was running.  I remember going to Midtown to shop with my Mom or Grandma in downtown Rochester and the clock was the center piece of the plaza.  You had to wait for the hour or half hour for the clock to start it's rotation, all the doors opening showing the diorama of the different countries while music of a specific country played.  It was so cool.  I'm glad they decided to preserve it

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Larry
Trish (Mazurek) Brooks from high school--friends with Kris Hughes. I had the occasion to fly out of Rochester in Sept of 2010 and was thrilled to unexpectedly see the clock again! I too have fond memories of going to Midtown Mall when I was a child and being enthralled by the clock. It gave me a lot of joy to see it again and know they saved it.

Hope you are enjoying your trip to CA. I live in the foothills near Yosemite. Spent 2 months this summer traveling the west myself. It's a beautiful country and there a lots of nice people in it. Enjoy your trip!!

Business Photos

Promote your business with a professional photo shoot. I do that!