Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Williams AZ to Santa Rosa NM

Well today was pretty much just a driving day, so not too much to post. I did stop at Meteor Crater in AZ, it is Meteor Crater the most well known, best preserved meteorite crater on Earth. Meteor Crater is nearly one mile across, 2.4 miles in circumference and more than 550 feet deep and is the result of a collision between a piece of an asteroid traveling at 26,000 miles per hour and planet Earth approximately 50,000 years ago. Once again something pretty cool to see in person.



After that it really was just a whole lotta nothin'.


I did see some amazing scenery after I crossed into New Mexico.  Interesting how the geological landscapes changes.

First view of New Mexico
And some interesting events along the way,

Where'd our trailer go Shaggy? (Look at the side of the truck cab)
There it is Scooby, how'd that happen?
Glad I'm not on that side!

Look! A mirage!

Anyway, Rosie and I are comfortable here in Santa Rosa, tomorrow Amarillo Texas.

1 comment:

WendyLou said...

And to think we think we are the only things on earth....what a big beautiful really old Earth we have!! Coolest crater I ever saw!!

Business Photos

Promote your business with a professional photo shoot. I do that!