Friday, October 5, 2012

Rosie Cooper's Lament



Today I drove from St. Louis Missouri to Mansfield Ohio. Rosie and I got our first taste of rain together, she really is of English stock, (her manufacture point was Oxford England.) While she likes warm weather, windows down, radio on tooling around, she is also fond of cooler weather and rain is certainly not an issue. She's also liking the 91/93 Octane fuel I've been giving her at the suggestion of the service technician at Ontario Mini in California. The manufacturer recommends it and it's obvious why. They also state she'll get better mileage as the higher octane will not clog the throttle body and cause her to use more fuel. It's a trade off to the increase in cost. She's getting 37 miles per gallon average, and let's just leave it at that I'm not babying her.

This will likely be my last post regarding the trip I've been on.  I'm only five hours from home and honestly that's why I've driven several long days. Home sounds good right now. While the sound of Marcea's voice on the phone is comforting, I'd love to see the smile that goes with it. The trip has been amazing, any time you can have fun completing a task it s win win situation, throw in a couple of checks off the bucket list and that's a complete success.

Finally, my Mother-In Law Connie, Marcy's aunt Christy and Marcy's sister Pam have all weighed in on Rosie's and my escapade. These blog posts have been actually a way for Aunt Julie to see how her car made it from California to Geneseo. So it's actually fitting that they all exchanged these emails. I leave the "California Trip" postings with them, first Connie then Christy's response and finally Pam's.

Dear Abbie, I need your advice. My mother picked me out specially, added the goodies she wanted and really loved me. I was happily sitting in a comfortable covered space in Los Angeles, minding my own business, helping my mother get around the busy city and then my life changed. I woke up one morning in the Los Angeles Sheriff Department parking lot. I had done nothing wrong, I promise. I stayed there for a couple of weeks, it was OK, no one bothered me. Then this big guy arrived and we drove away. I got a bath which was fine as I had gotten a little dusty but then we started driving and driving and driving. We were in some new and interesting places, lots of rocks, beautiful cloud formations, cacti everywhere.  We also found some good places to eat and I think the guy who was driving found some beer joints along the way.  One day we were on Route 66, my mother talked about this highway often. It seemed as though we were covering a long distance but I was enjoying the ride, my driver and the cool music we found along the say.  I spent a lot of time parked on various motel parking lots but it was nice to get a rest. Now I have found myself in this small community where the tree are strange colors, not like California at all.  The red head has turned me over to this place and I am sure I will be well taken care and loved but I will miss my mother and California. Is there any way I can make this adjustment easily?

Dear Rosie,
My advice to you is to settle into your new home in a beautiful valley with a river running through it.  The big guy and his lovely wife will treat you well, I am sure, with regular baths and some much needed waxing (on all your parts!!)  They will drive you to some pretty places where more food and alcohol is served and even to a golf course or two.  You may have to live outside for a while until suitable living quarters can be arranged, but fear not!  You will beloved and pampered in a true Cooper style. Enjoy the change in weather and seasons and even the snow!  Yes it is beautiful and white and will coat everything, even you.  Then comes spring in the northeast and it is a beautiful time.  Flowers blooming, birds chirping and gardens to be planted and tended.  The summer will be the best time for you, California girl, as you will get to go to lakes and vineyards!!!  So, for now, enjoy the beautiful fall weather and the changing trees and temperatures.  You are now an east coast gal!
 Love,
Abbie

Dear Ms Cooper,
We regret to inform you that your mother has retired to Florida.  It is time to spread your wings and choose a new path. 
Affectionately,
Life
PS:  Your mother wants you to keep your tires rotated and call her.




No comments:

Business Photos

Promote your business with a professional photo shoot. I do that!