Friday, September 28, 2012

Yucca Valley

When I travel I just ignore what time it is at home and let the local time be my guide. I have such a hard time trying to play "catch up" with time I may have lost or gained. The hard part about that is doing something like this when you're three hours behind "home" and have a full day.

I left Cliff's house this morning and went to the Mini dealer in Ontario (California) for service on the car.  (Which I've named Rosie. The obvious, she's red, she's English, Rosie fits. The clincher, Cliff and Alba have two cats, Gracie and Rosie. Gracie is the shy one, Rosie greated me as soon as I walked in the door. Finally, she's gotta have a name, I can't call her "the car").


Anyway, that all said, she did fine at the dealer, new oil, new brake fluid, new wipers, tires checked, rotated, adjusted to proper pressure, all fluids topped off, washed, and vacuumed. Mini service is amazing, they can tell everything about the car from the key fob you have to put in the dash to start the car, you hand it to them, they put it in the computer at the service desk and download all the information. All the work was under warranty. Took about 3 hours total, so I was on the road about 1:00 PM.

Headed out 10 East after leaving the dealer. Stopped and grabbed some lunch and then headed back out. I came across the windmills in the dessert and was amazed at how many there were. I've heard about them, but seeing them stretch on almost unending has to be seen. I stopped when I made exit off of 10 to take some shots.



I researched hotels near my first destination, Joshua Tree National Park, and decided on Yucca Canyon as it's only eight miles from the park. As I headed across Route 62 through Desert Hot Springs I happened to look down at the thermometer, and realized how that area got it's name.


So, here I am, enjoying the sunset and moon rise by the pool, Rosie is comfortably parked in her spot for the night.  Joshua Tree tomorrow...











No comments:

Business Photos

Promote your business with a professional photo shoot. I do that!